AGP Washington Welcomes Tri-Cities Members
Amerigroup Washington Welcomes New Tri-Cities Members
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Thursday, May 9, 2013) – Amerigroup, a wholly owned subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc., announced its Washington health plan has expanded into Tri-Cities, now serving members in Benton and Franklin counties.
"Amerigroup brings 17 years of managed care experience to our newest members in the Tri-Cities area," said Daryl Edmonds, chief executive officer for Amerigroup Washington. "We look forward to the road ahead helping to improve the lives of those who need it the most."
Amerigroup is constantly working on innovative ideas to improve quality of and expand access to care, with a continuous vision of providing outstanding service and ensuring program integrity. Focused on designing and implementing innovative programs to impact the health and well-being of members, Amerigroup Washington offers the following benefits to members who qualify:
- Text4Baby: Offers pregnant members and new moms a free mobile information service to help them care for their health and give their babies the best possible start
- Disease Management Program: Provides support for members who are managing difficult health conditions like asthma and diabetes
- Amerigroup On Call: Provides access to licensed nurses over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Healthy Families: Offers families with children ages 7-13 coaching and support in setting up health goals related to nutrition and activity
- Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk, See Your Doc!: Delivers straight talk about the risks and reality of diabetes through exercise and games via an accredited disease educational program designed for children ages 6-11
Since 2008, the Amerigroup Foundation, the charitable arm of Amerigroup, has contributed more than $100,000 to local organizations in Washington, working to create healthier communities by fostering access to care, encouraging safe and healthy children and families, and promoting healthy neighborhoods.
About Amerigroup Washington
Amerigroup Washington began serving members July 1, 2012, and currently serves thousands of Medicaid members through Washington’s Healthy Options Medicaid program and Washington’s Basic Health plan in 24 counties including Benton, Columbia, Douglas, Franklin, Garfield, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Kittias, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Stevens, Snohomish, Spokane, Thurston, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Whitman and Yakima.
Amerigroup, a wholly owned subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc., is the largest company focused solely on meeting the health care needs of financially vulnerable Americans. Currently serving approximately 2.7 million members in 13 states nationwide, Amerigroup is dedicated to offering real solutions that improve health care access and quality for our members, while proactively working to reduce the overall cost of care to taxpayers. Together with WellPoint’s affiliated health plans, we serve more than 4.5 million beneficiaries of state-sponsored health plans in 20 states, making us the nation’s leading provider of health care solutions for public programs. Amerigroup accepts all eligible people regardless of age, sex, race or disability.